Most local amenities, including the majority listed on this page, can be found within a 15 minute drive of Casa Ladera.
El Ingenio (aka Eroskis) is a massive complex with approximately 65 outlets, cinemas, bowling and a food court. There are also the supermarkets of Mercadona, Supersol, and Lidl (you can find Mercadona in either Torre del Mar or Chilches).
Torre Del Mar market is on a Thursday. It is lovely to visit any of the markets (places and days are in the local newspapers) as produce is fresh and cheap (I always buy from stalls that have prices shown). There are also stalls with gifts, shoes, clothes, paintings, pottery, handbags, jewellery, spices, etc.
Drive down to Torre Del Mar, park near the bus station. You can then purchase a ticket to almost any town you would like to visit from the ticket office. Bus timetables can be found in the back of local newspapers.
You will find the post office (El Correos) in Torre Del Mar, on the Balcon.
Chemist & Hospital
There is a good English speaking chemist (Farmacia) in Torre Del Mar. Directions are taking the coast road towards Torre del Mar, go past Mercadona on your right and at the next roundabout take the 3rd turning and then at the junction turn right. Pass the Bus Station on your right, take the road on the left at the traffic lights and the chemist has a white/green illuminous First Aid sign outsid. There is a First Aid box in the third drawer down in the kitchen.
There is also a chemist in Iznate next to the church and a 24/7 one in Torrox Costa that is very good. Take the motorway to Torrox, head towards the coast (1st turning off on the roundabout), then again the first right on the next two roundabouts so you heading along the coast road. Continue along this road till you come to a roundabout and it is there (3rd turning).
The Hospital is based in Torre Del Mar. From the motorway, take directions towards El Ingenio, take the turning for Torre Del Mar (keeping right on the slip road) and then get into left hand lane. Go straight over at the roundabout, then through a housing estate and the hospital is straight down this road, on the left. Do not forget to take your EHIC card and Passport.
The Aquavelis water park can be found opposite the El Ingenio Shopping Complex.
- www.travelsupermarket.com/flights (for comparing flight prices)
- www.sixt.es – Pick car up at airport. Always competitive prices. We’ve never had any problems with them.
- www.albacars.com – This car company has been highly recommended. They actually arrive at the airport in your car and you just drive it away and then they meet you back at the airport when you leave.
- www.carjet.com – Has the facility to choose to pay now, later or on arrival, and you can cancel up to 24hrs beforehand without penalty.
- www.holidayautos.com (requires payment up front)
- www.travelsupermarket.com/carhire (compares prices with most companies)
Other Useful Websites
- www.absoluteaxarquia.com – A great site of the local area with info on fiestas and markets
- www.malagaweb.com – For flights, car hire and much more
- www.malagaweather.com – Weather reports and pictures from the weather station at lake vinuela
- www.bavieragolf.com – Superb golf, just 15 minutes away from Casa Ladera
- www.andalucia.com/golf/anoreta/home – More golf just 15 minutes away, is also Añoreta Golf Course
Useful Telephone Numbers
Using a UK mobile phone in Spain is expensive as sometimes you can pay for incoming calls as well as outgoing (probably best to check with your supplier or keep your phone turned off when not in use). To phone home the code is 0044 then drop the first ‘0’.
In Case of Emergency
Hospital (Velez Malaga): 952 548 300
For Telephone Enquiries